Naija -Mad Zone !

it's amazing how you can be going about your business, just doing your thing and life happens. Yep. That's living in Nigeria for you. You never know what will happen to you before the day is over. A country with no structure /plan or regards for its inhabitants or citizens is bound to be full of uncertainties and so many unplanned disasters..like the Otedola one that claimed lots of lives recently.

Youths wake up with no hope or means of survival. Being educated and a First Class degree holder is just a story for the gods. Thugs are our leaders, Musicians are our role models with their rough and flashy lifestyles and their reckless way of living. We drown ourselves in countless church services thinking the Lord will be our saviour.. But oh no, we av to save ourselves first . Have u ever stopped to wonder why there are so many churches, mosques and religious clerics but very little morals or regards for human lives. Indecency, killings and fightings are the order of the day. We take from ourselves,..rob ourselves all in the name of the ‘Lord ‘. Believers have been taken for granted and forsaken just because they dared to hope or believe that maybe just this time around you may be different from the other so called ‘Pastors ‘ and Islamic clerics who are after their pockets only. It's a sad - sad society full of unhappy and unfulfilled citizens.The government is not interested in our cries,only when their elections draw near. They take from the poor and feed the rich more. But even worse is the justice system which was designed to uphold and defend the rich and not the masses.The level of poverty is at an all time high with no regards for anyone. Inflation cannot be controlled or predicted… it's rate has no pattern and marketers do and undo as their pocket and mood requires. We hope and pray for an intervention..but who will heed our call? Have we not had enough? When will enough be enough? One wonders 🤔

The health sector is just as terrible and people die day in, day out like cocks without a genuine reason. The doctors blame the government who in turn blame the members of parliament and the doctors in turn … the cycle goes on and on. The able bodied segment of our population are abroad using their intellects,knowledge and physical strength to drive another man’s country. Their fatherland has no opportunities for them. It's a war zone.. And no one wants to wait to be the soldier to fight for his people cause if you do...then you will be just another sad tale like our great fathers Awolowo or  Chief MKO Abiola who had a dream where his people will have equal opportunities and rights and actually enjoy the benefits of all the resources we are surrounded by.

If only they were alive today to see what a mess the so called leaders they handed over the country to has made of it. Or is it that they snatched it sef. Like Abami Eda sang in the 70's. A country that makes money but it's citizens don’t get to spend out of what it makes. Is that one a Country?? More like a village...lol. Someone once said Naija has no right to be called a country and a village is the accurate description. But even most villages have a well organised structure in place. An head (or king) ,few Chiefs and so on to check that everything is in place and runs like it should.

I am on my way jejely this morning trying to make sense of why I am still in this never progressing country when I hear some dude whistle from behind me.. Good morning Angel. Here goes that Clichè line. I shake my head from side to side. Early Monday morning and all this one can see is Angel when his mates have left home 5am in the quest to make money and make ends meet. I continue walking ahead like I heard nothing. I refuse to stoop to his low level of reasoning this early momo. As if he has the resources to create heaven for this Angel. Instead of that, they add to your many problems, like I don't have enough already?

I have an early morning meeting for 10 this morning and I am so not looking forward to it because I know how they are. They subject you to long hours of sitting discussing issues that can be sent through email and end up feeding you or giving u water when the day is almost over and you are already stressed beyond belief. The state civil service is even better than other states..at least we pretend to be ICT compliant..even though a lot of their officers cannot shutdown or turn on a computer device in 2018 no matter how many times you train them (especially when it is not Windows 7) or even copy to flash or an external device. All they know is something else.. And we all know what that is. 🙄

I am about to cross the Magodo express to Alausa calmly and make my way over to the secretariat when a man to my right looks at me and says ‘Let’s go now ‘, I turn back that maybe it's not me he is referring to. What's my own with you now??  Did we cross this express together yesterday. It's amazing how lagosians never mind their business except when you need them to actually not mind their business.. Then they do so 😃. I refuse to be one of those peeps that run as if they are being chased across the express just to get to work, over that stipend that we call salary. We have been earning this since the last salary increase which happened over 15years ago, with the governments knowing fully well that prices of goods have more than tripled since then with most goods being over a 500% increase. It's amazing o. It's only in this Naija that prices of items go up and never ever come down again..no matter what. Why will I now go kill myself because of one yeye salary.. Ko joo while union leaders get fat at our expense. I refuse to be stupid if others are. I take my time to cross.. I am in absolutely no rush. If they cannot make a pedestrian bridge for us on time.. No wahala!

I shall be patient and go when the time is right. I look back at him like please mind your business, It's too early. He quickly rushes through incoming trucks to the other side. I shake my head solemnly. Lol.. Lagosians and their need to rush to work and still rush back home. Only to get to work and query ready..get home again to no power or water…* suffering and smiling * like the late Fela Anikulapo sang. Since Independence...same story.. *sigh*. When u say it.. ,they respond with ‘it is well’.. Lol. Well indeed!

As If it ever gets better. Only gets worse it seems. But here we still are… hoping and praying but doing nothing to facilitate the change! If I hear say I remain here to wait for that never coming CHANGE.  I know it is till Jesus Christ returns. I get to work at some minutes before 9. Perfect! This is better. Gonna be a long ass day….lemme  brace myself.

Comments